Truthiness is the word of 2005, according to the American Dialect Society. Colbert Nation, enjoy the sweet smell of truth!
Text from the Dialect Society site:
Truthiness refers to the quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than concepts or facts known to be true. As Stephen Colbert put it, "I don’t trust books. They’re all fact, no heart."
- whale tail: the appearance of thong or g-string underwear above the waistband
of pants, shorts, or a skirt. Also known as a longhorn.
- muffin top: the bulge of flesh hanging over the top of low-rider jeans.
- Whizzinator: a trademarked urinating device using a realistic prosthetic penis and synthetic urine in order to pass a drug test.
- jump the couch: to exhibit strange or frenetic behavior. Inspired by the couchbouncing antics of Tom Cruise on Oprah Winfrey's talk show in May. It derives from an earlier term, jump the shark, meaning to (irretrievably) diminish in quality; to outlast public interest or popular support.
- TomKat: the celebrity couple of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. 1
- Cruisazy: crazy in the manner of Tom Cruise.
Check out American Dialect's PDF at http://www.americandialect.org/Words_of_the_Year_2005.pdf