Mindless drivel: My new hero

Mindless drivel

Thursday, January 19, 2006

My new hero

Read an interview with U.S. skier Bode Miller. Dude is my new hero! Check out this entry..

At the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City, Miller pulled off a performance for the ages in the alpine combined. He fell to his hip at 80mph during the downhill leg, somehow regained his balance and finished the run, then charged back into medal contention with a monster first run on the slalom course. He wound up with an improbable silver medal. The hometown crowd was delirious, and Miller was beaming. "That's exactly why I wanted to stop" and bail on Torino, he says. "People would say to me, 'You have to go back because you didn't get your gold, right?' And I was, like, 'F---, no!' I satisfied my desire for Olympic success beyond what I ever thought possible. I can just about guarantee you that I will not surpass that this time around. That was miracle s--t that happened in Salt Lake."

The guy is brutally honest...love his candor.
AWESOME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home